Friday, September 30, 2016

Nine lives...



TGIF my friends!

It is a VERY good day in the Young household because I was one of the ten lucky ladies announced as a MFT 2016 Card Design Superstar... woot, woot! I am just over the moon excited and I literally can't stop smiling. :)
It was my Happy Girls card that got me the win and I thought today would be a fun opportunity to share a card that I made as a possible entry into the contest and instead inspired my second attempt that actually won. You can see the narrow strip idea is in place with all the kitties from the Cool Cat set peeking in. I used the cool Party Patterns set to add color to the kraft background and frame the image panel in a funky way. While I think it turned out to be a very fun and happy card it also felt a bit busy. So I took the idea and edited it down, shifting the elements and streamlined the overall design. It doesn't mean I don't like this card, because I do, but I'm also grateful for what I learned from it.
  
I also added a little something to the inside of the card, which I don't often do. But once I settled on the 'nine lives' sentiment I just couldn't leave the card with only seven kitties on it. Call it card making OCD I guess, LOL! ;)

Alrighty, have a wonderful weekend everybody!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
stamps- My Favorite Things (Cool Cat set and Party Patterns set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Studio Calico and Versamark clear
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Ranger Glossy Accents
Copic markers:
sorry, I lost my list

6 comments:

Marianne said...

Congrats on being selected as one of the MFT Superstars! So well-deserved. I had actually expected your first entry to be a winner.
Enjoy your fab prize! Have a wonderful weekend!
Marianne x

Tracey Ann said...

Amy Amy Amy!!!! Congratulation on a well deserved award! You are a Super Star - in every way, my friend. So happy for you, and proud of you, and.... doin' a happy dance!! :)

Tracey Ann said...

Oh, and I adore your kitty card - incredibly clever use of those darling kitties! :)

Heidi Brawley said...

SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are Amazing and soooooo deserving of this honor!!!!! LOVE your cute cute cute card too!!!! I was excited to read the results with you in it yesterday!!!!! Have a FABULOUS weekend doll!
hugs ,Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations!! So happy for you, you deserve this. As much as I love this card I'm glad you picked the other one to enter. Have s beautiful weekend. Hugs.

Tracy said...

Congrats Amy, It didn't register that it was you, when I read that post on MFT, but that was an awesome card. Well deserved!!