Friday, April 8, 2016

A cup of good wishes...

TGIF!

I'm getting this card into the current Kraftin' Kimmie Saturday challenge just under the wire. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new fairies that were released last month and once they arrived in my mailbox I just had to get one on a card. So when I saw that the challenge was to make a CAS card this was the perfect time to ink up Tea Cup Fairy. Since I knew the overall design was going to be on the simple side I could really go to town with my coloring of the china tea cup without the card getting too busy. My goal was to mimic the look of Delft Blue china and I gotta say that I'm pretty darn happy with the results. To keep the card bright and happy I chose to accent all that blue with some sunny yellow hues and this little doll seems to be right at home in her cozy cup world.  :)

Have a great weekend everybody!

   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Authentique
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Tea Cup Fairy and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versafine onyx black
paper doily
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, V20
eyes- B23, B29, BV29, BG000, 0
hair- E35, E29, E49, E51
dress- Y11, Y15, Y35, Y26, V20
wings- Y0000, Y00, B60
tea cup- C00, C2, C3, B60, B23, B29, BV29, Y0000, Y00, Y02, Y26, Y28, E40, E42
background- W00, W1, 0

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my this is Awesome and Beautiful looking! !! Your coloring is so magnificent! !!!♡♡♡♡♡ Have an Awesome weekend! !!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my goodness you should be pretty darned pleased! The teacup turned out fabulous and the whole card is just GORGEOUS! LOVE the blue and yellow combo. Yes that fairy looks pretty happy to be nestled in that beautiful cup. Thanks for joining us at Kraftin Kimmie!

Dotty Jo said...

Perfection I'd say! Jo x

Deborah said...

Wow Amy, this is gorgeous!!! Love how you doodled something on the cup! Fab card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

Tracey Ann said...

The dimension /depth you created with the teacup is fantastic Amy! And... love the gold rim!! ;)