Saturday, June 22, 2013

Just because...

Hello, hello!

I'm just quickly popping in this morning, as I already feel like I'm running behind. There is a memorial race going on in town this morning so I'm going to have to head to work earlier than normal. The participants pretty much take over the highway that I use to get to work so I'll be driving the back hills route instead. Since I really don't want to risk running down any runners or cyclists it will be a longer commute.

So, earlier this week I was lucky enough to be the winner of the Girly Girl challenge at The Greeting Farm and I was able to pick a digi stamp of my choice as the prize. Wild Sprout Jessica was on my wish list so I was excited to finally play around with this cutie. And when I saw that the new Farm Fresh challenge is summer themed cards I suddenly envisioned her not as wearing regular ol' glasses but fabulous sun glasses instead. ;)
I also did a bit of a body swap to give Jessica a more summer ready ensemble. All I had to do was stamp up Wild Sprout Summer and give Jessica her shorts and legs. Once she was ready for the warmer weather I paired her up with some of that Lakeside paper that I'm so in love with. The whole card came together super quick after that. 

Well I really should be going. Take care and have a fabulous weekend! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Pebbles (Lakeside)
digital stamp- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprout Jessica)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Summer), Doodlebug (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Papertrey Ink twine
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, E13, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, YR82, E33, E35
clothes- B93, B97, B99, E40, E41, T1, T3, T5, RV42, R32, R35, YR35, YR38, BG10, YG03, YG93, YG95

9 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!

yvon said...

Hi Amy,
Wow, love what you did with the girls. It came out great.
When i see all this i hope my mojo will come bach very soon. It's been a long time since i made a card.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Yvon

Julie D. Richards said...

She's so cute with her glasses. Love the map and postcard bg papers. You have a great weekend too. Hugs, Julie.

Juls said...

love this!! Love the map in the background!! Its really fun!!! Hugs Juls

Rachel Parys said...

Lol, what a great body swap!! She is totally adorable! Great map! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

grace said...

Very cute card!! I love the pattern paper, especially the map~

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I LOVE, LOVE this card! The papers(which I have never seen) and the way you put Jess in a great summer outfit is just too adorable!!! Hope you have a great Saturday. I am sure you will be super busy. Ahhh the summer months in Washington. Take care and give your fur babies hugs from me. Lisa :O)

Tress said...

Love the alterations you made with Wild Sprout Jessica! Super cute summer card!

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is TOTALLY awesome!!! love your altering as always. Congrats again on your win!!!
hugs, Heidi