Saturday, December 24, 2011

Oh, holy night...

Merry Christmas friends and fellow crafters!

I wanted to put that out there as this will be may last post for a couple of days. Lots of fun things planned for Christmas with my family and friends so I won't have much crafting time this weekend. But it's good to take a break, step out of your routine for a bit and just have fun! :)

So this is my very last Christmas card for 2011 and I wanted to play along with another Monday Funday challenge over at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog. This one is a recipe to use kraft cardstock, twine and button(s). With those ingredients and a Christmas theme in mind, I couldn't think of a better stamp to use than this sweet Shepherd Ian. Can you believe I've had this set for a couple years now and this is the first time he's been inked up? Slaps hand! Bad stamper... bad! Oh but it was totally worth the wait because I love how this card turned out. Again, a fairly CAS design and yes, I've used that star paper already this Christmas, but it sets the scene for this cute pair better than anything else that I could think of. :)
Slight tangent... this starry night paper that I've fallen in love with for Christmas cards isn't even part of a Christmas collection. It's actually from the October Afternoon Campfire line, and that got me thinking... ya know, I can't recall a single Christmas line of paper that has included a starry print. Sure there are plenty of snowflakes to choose from but no stars. Seems to me that if a paper manufacturer included one or two in a collection next year it would be a nice change of pace and set them apart from the usual offerings. Here's hoping! ;)

But enough of my slight paper obsession, LOL!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa, and Happy Festivus to all!

XOXO

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Campfire)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Shepherd Ian set), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Papertrey Ink twine
Karen Foster star button
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
clothes- E30, E31, E34, E37, E55, E57, W7, YG91, G99, G85, C7, E44, E47, E81, 0, W2, BG93, BG96, BG99
ewe- E40, E41, W0, W3, W5, W9

24 comments:

yvon said...

Your card is gorgeous, what a cute little sheppard.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.
Hugs, Yvon

Liliya said...

I can feel how calm and quite it is... Beautiful card!! Perfect for this day!

Leanne said...

Wow Amy, you really know how to set the tone for any kind of card. This is beautiful and it was worth the wait to see this beautiful image colored up and put onto the wonderful card. I agree about the star paper. Thanks for sharing!
Wishing you and your family an very awesome Merry Christmas!! Enjoy your time off!
Hugs,

Creations by Shirl said...

What an awesome last take on your Christmas cards, you saved the last for the best......very pretty Amy!
Wishing you a very Merry Xmas with your family & friends this weekend...

martina's kaartjes said...

one wonderful card ! great !!!! lovely
have a nice christmas
greetings, matina
x

Unknown said...

Adorable card Amy! Ive never seen this GF image before..it's so stinkin cute!!! Im on the hunt for it now lol=) Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Cindy H. said...

This card is really soooo adorable!! Merry Christmas, Amy!

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful and I love that little shepherd boy. And I agree - I needed some "night" paper and wound up just using navy blue cardstock. Not pretty at all!

Unknown said...

I totally love your shepard ian card. It totally brings the meaning of christmas to life! Too bad TGF doesn't have this set available anymore...Happy Holidays to you and loved ones!

Betsy said...

LOVE this card! And that star paper is perfect for Christmas!!!

Shirley N said...

Oh yes, I love your starry DP, perfect for your beautiful card! Your image is as adorable as can be, lovelovelove! Have a wonderful Christmas Amy!!!

Mimi said...

Amy, oh gosh! this is soo sweet!! i've never seen this TGF stamp before... just adorable! Have a wonderful Christmas! ;D

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I just love the shepherd image. TFS.

Mette said...

This is just so cute Amy. What a lovely little shepherd and loving the little scene.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful christmas.

Hugs, Mette

Kelly Schelske said...

That paper is perfect for the background Amy, fab card!

Isa said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh It´s sweet !!
I love this card !!

faithnme said...

Soo Beautiful Amy... Yes I too missed out on "shepard Ian..Your card is just Gorgeous.. I really LOVE the layout.

Have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas.

Hugs and Blessings

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love how you have created a scene and all the twinkly stars in the background! Hugs Juls

donna mikasa said...

So very sweet, Amy! Love this little shepherd boy! Here's wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!

Lau W said...

Merry Christmas Amy !
xxx

mousekemom said...

Gorgeous colors and shading...just amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at TGF's Farm Fresh Challenge!

Tonje said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! Love it!

Unknown said...

So adorable! :)

RiNNE said...

I've been trying to find this stamp set for years now!! :( they remind me so much of the Precious Moments manger figurines I've been eyeing!

You've showcased him beautifully here with your fantastic coloring and wonderful pairing w/ this perfect night sky (you're right about those paper pads!!). Hope you had a Merry Christmas!