Monday, May 9, 2011

Fun with rub ons

Olo!

Did you have a wonderful weekend? I sure did... enjoyed a BBQ with the fam, which is always good times and my sis even made a delish German Chocolate cake for Mother's Day... yum!

Ok, well my card today is a bit different from my norm... the Kraftin Kimmie challenge this week is to use the kraft color in some way. It could be cardstock, ribbon, pattern paper... you name it, as long as it is kraft colored you are good to go. Before I even got started I knew that I was going to use one of the new KK fairies that were released last month. I loved them all and just had to have them but this was the first time that I've been able to ink one up... for shame! ;)

Clarabelle ended up being the first of the bunch to flutter onto a card and I think she is a total cutie!
Once that decision was made it was time to figure out how I was going to incorporate the kraft element onto my card. I've always really liked the look of adding rub ons to kraft so I made the choice to skip the pattern paper and create a scene for Clarabelle using only rub ons. This way the kraft is still a prominent part of the design but I could add some interest to it. I ended up using these great Basic Grey Offbeat rub ons because the weedy floral motif seemed like the perfect fit for the look I was going for. Add some rub on stitches to create a border, a sprinkling of gems and this card was done! There's definitely not as much going on here as with my usual cards but I'm pretty darn pleased with how this one came together. :)

Okey dokey, time for me to get ready for work... hasta la vista!

Supply list:

cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It

stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Fairy Clarabelle and sentiment)

ink- Memento tuxedo black

Basic Grey Offbeat rub ons

Creative Cafe rub on stitches

Kaiser Craft gems

Sakura stardust glitter pen

Copic Spica glitter pen

Copic markers:

skin- E0000, E000, E01, E02, R00, R20

hair- YG21, YG23, YG03, YG17, G07

clothes- G0000, G000, G00, 0, R05, R08, E19, Y38, YR04, YR18, Y13, Y15, Y17, YG03, YG25, YG17, B02, B04, B05, V05, V06, V09

wings- BG0000, BG000, BG10, 0

25 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Wow I just love your custom made pattern cardstock!!! Love the way you colored that fairy, especially the rainbow socks!

Robin said...

card is fantastic... great idea with the rub-ons!!!!
Robin

RiNNE said...

Fairy terrific!!! ;). Awesome rainbow tights -- C is gorgeous! Love how the rub-ons created a perfect scene!

gobeagirl said...

lol... This is too darn cute! I thought that you had sewed on your card for real. Great card Amy and I love the rub-ons with her. She looks perfectly happy on her card and ready to get into all sorts of trouble. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Larisa said...

Oh, so beautiful Fairy!!! Also I like the green grass on the background! Very good stamps!
The card is cute as always!

Tasha said...

Super cute! And a fab way of using the rub ons. Love her legs warmers they remind me of Rainbow Bright
love tasha xx

Lau W said...

OH so cuuute ! Love colors of the rainbow héhé, so fun ! Superb card !
xxxx

chrilvian said...

great stamp
i bought her too
i love her little butt,hiihihihih

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, great card. TFS.

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous card as always Amy. Love the rubons. I used to be addicted to them when I did lots of SB. Love your colouring of Clarabelle.
mwah
Trace

donna mikasa said...

Amazing card, Amy! Those rub ons look awesome--especially the stitching! Love how the colors on Fairy Clarabelle just pop...love this!

kris said...

OMGOSH!! i LOVE it!!! it could have easily been passed as a stamp... the stitched border looks great and compliments this card perfectly! and the image is too too sassy!! =D

Danni said...

So fun and pretty!! Love this!

Joy said...

what a wonderful card! love the rub ons and your coloring of that fairy! so cute! hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

1LuvnMama said...

Glad that you had a blast with the fam! I did too and was pampered to death! LUV IT! :)

OMGosh Amy! If you didn't say these were rub-ons, I would've thought you stamped these weed thing-a-ma-gigs. Awesome! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG... how cute is this, Amy! Love the rub ons, and how you colored Fairy Clarabelle!! Super duper card! Hugs!!

Magento Themes said...

wow...lovely card..I just love this card. Those flower design and the colors you've used for this card are awesome. she is looking beautiful.I love the way you colored this image. Thanks for thsi great post. Magento Themes

Marília Lopes said...

So cute...so fun!!!I loved!!
Hugs

Heidi Brawley said...

This is totally adorable!!! Love your Kraft card!!!
Hugs, Heidi B.

Juls said...

oooooooooh wow!!! she is just so cheeky!!! Love the stamped images in the background and those coloured stripy socks are just brill!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

woo hoo, this is fantastic, yes so cheeky he he xxx

Leanne said...

O wow Amy!! Gorgeous card, she's so sassy! I'm with everyone else, love the rub-ons and that sweet sentiment. :) So glad you had a wonderful time with your family and had your favorite cake. TFS! ;)

Hlora said...

Очень красивая феечка! Потрясающая работа! Красивая бумага)

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Wow! Those rubons are perfect, Amy! And Clarabelle is adorable....love the rainbow colour scheme!!

Leanne said...

Awesome card! It's amazing what rub-ons will do to a card to make it go a bit faster. This one is gorgeous and that fairy is so sassy. TFS! Hugs,