Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sweet November spotlight on Mama!

Hello, hello, hello! Today it is my great pleasure to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on an amazingly talented card maker/paper crafter and good blogging pal of mine... 1LuvnMama! I have been head over heels for Mama's creations for a couple years now and luckily for me she is quite the friend of Sweet November Stamps. :) Her cards are beautiful, with layers of pretty papers and gorgeous coloring. She also creates fun scenes from time to time which always make me smile. But Mama's talents don't end there... not by a long shot! I have been the lucky recipient of some of her awesome paper crafted items, like a drawer set, shaker box frame and desk calendar that are all made completely out of cardstock and paper. This gal does more with paper and glue than I could ever hope to and that talent is so inspiring!

Of course I just had to ask Mama a few silly questions for the spotlight. I think they are such a fun way of getting to know a little bit more about each guest, so here we go...


1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?


I luv all shades of pink! At this moment, I'm feeling a little FUCHSIA . . . a bit soft yet a little feisty all rolled up in one!


2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?


I am no glamour girl by far! Shorts and a tank top is what I pull out. I luv color and it's definitely reflected in my home . . . come over and see my yellow walls in the family room, so cheery! :)


3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?


A can of COKE! I need the sugar rush and caffeine after a long day with 3 kids and a husband!


4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?


I'd say 1940's. That's when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor (1941). Being of Asian-American decent, I can see how torn my great grandparents and grandparents were at the time living in Hawaii. I've been told stories, but to live and see the event and the aftermath would be very interesting.


5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?


I'd be a gnome. :) I, like the gnomes, are mysterious creatures by nature and can roam the earth without being detected. They hide underground and like to hoard. In my case, my identity is somewhat unknown and I like to hoard EVERYTHING! Whether it be craft supplies or the object that I think I could somehow use later, I'll keep.


Bonus question 6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?


Ok, I thought of passing this question, but Ms. Amy has gotten me hooked on to Glee. It's hard to pinpoint a specific character on Glee, but I think I relate to Artie Abrams the most. He's timid at times, very passionate about the things he cares for, and possesses a confidence he sometimes doesn't think he has.


Excellent answers Mama! I'm SO with you on the Coke pick-me-up and imagining you as a gnome totally cracks me up! :) Now take a look at this super cute Easter card featuring the Spring Elves set that Mama created. She is always thinking outside the box with her cards and paper crafts and this one is no exception. Right away I was totally inspired by the idea of creating a window on the front of my card. I love, love, love how she got the little elf to dangle in the center of the window but that was still just a little intimidating to me so I stuck with placing my altered miss Leo on the inside of my card... baby steps, LOL!


Though it did get me to decorate the inside of my card... which is something I almost never do. I also stuck with a similar spring color palette and placed my embellies in the same general areas as Mama did... it's a great design so why mess with a good thing!

Oh, and my other crafty moment came when I didn't have any ribbon roses in the right shade of yellow so instead I just cut off a 2 inch length of crinkled ribbon and scrunched and twisted it onto a couple of large glue dots until I had a little blossom. I like to think that Mama would be proud of that ingenuity. ;)

Ok, Mama will be joining Nancy, Rachel and myself in the April Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! So if you are ready for for some spring time fun then be sure to come back and take a peek! Supply list:


cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It


paper- Sassafras (Sweetly Smitten)


stamps- Sweet November (Zodiac Girl Leo), Hero Arts (sentiments)


ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown, creamy brown


American Crafts ribbon roses


Prima burlap leaves


Kaiser Craft pearls crinkled ribbon (from Kiara)


Sharpie white marker


Marvy Giga scallop circle punch


Copic markers:


skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, RV32, RV34


eyes- B95, B97, B99, 100


hair- E33, E35, E57, E59


background- BG000

17 comments:

RiNNE said...

Congrats to 1LuvnMama!! Cool cards! Such a creative idea! Love the coloring!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I agree with you just how talented Mama is. I love both your cards. Very cute idea with the window. I love your homemade flowers as well. As you know I think you are so talented, I mean who else has such wonderful stamps that they drew all themselves so that we can all color? lol...Have a great day, I can not wait to see all your new wonderful stamps. Hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous card Amy - love your version of Mama's original. Gorgeous hair coloring as always. BTW, I'll be joining you guys tomorrow too!

Tasha said...

Both your card and Mamas look fabulous, love you take on her design and the image you used
love tasha xx

Lau W said...

So nice ! Superb colouring, and congrats !
xxx

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE love your window card! So darn cute!!! TFS!!!
~Heidi Brawley

Jenny said...

Yay Mama! Hey- I actually received that Easter Elf card from her! Made me want to buy the image. She inspires me a lot too.

Leanne said...

Congrats Mama!! Wonderful news!!! Love your answers! Both of your cards are beautiful. I'm lovin' the windows. So cute!! TFS!

Mimi said...

YAYY!! Congrats Mama! Cant wait to see what you create with the SN stamps. Love both window cards... so adorable! ;)

Hlora said...

Congrats Mama! Love all your cards!!!
Good luck!
Hlora.

Joy said...

Yay for Mama! She is going to really showcase your images! she does fabulous work and yes, 3-D ones too! I love all her creations and am a big fan too! CONGRATS MAMA! woot! woot!

Alice said...

congrats to Mama!!! looking forward to the sneak peeks!! and both cards are soooooooo pretty and unique in their own ways!

Shirley N said...

Oh how exciting, Mama is one talented lady and she will make you proud Amy! Congrats Mama! With Mama's wonderful creativity + your amazing images Amy, I expect tomorrow will be the start of something fabulous!

1LuvnMama said...

Hey Amy! Luv your take on and luv the flowers! Pretty clever there missy! :) I'm proud! I spy some freckles on Leo . . . bringing back childhood memories huh! Can't wait to see the SNS Gals projects with this release. I know they did a wonderful job in making you proud!

scrapn_momof2 said...

I love your take on the original card. Absolutely fantastic!! Love how versatile the zodiac image is!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful cards. love your window card, the flowers are so pretty and love your coloring. thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Both cards are gorgeous and fabulous, Amy!! Love love love your ribbon flowers, they are awesome!!