Sunday, March 13, 2011

Still looking for some winners...

Good morning stampin' peeps!

Before I get to my card for the day, I'm still waiting for a few of the Sweet November Zodiac candy winners to contact me with their mailing info... there are:
Aries- Helene
Gemini - Bobbi
and Sagittarius - Zarah

If I don't hear from these three ladies by Wednesday the 16th then I will draw new winners and announce them here on Thursday. As always, winners can contact me at pete_danger@hotmail.com and I hope to hear from you all soon! :)

Okey dokey... when I saw the Farm Fresh Friday color combo challenge over at TGF this week, I knew I had to play along. And not just because their challenges are always fun to join in on but also because I knew I had just made a card with this same color combo and it would be the perfect way to use up my scraps from that, LOL! Yes, they are more of the MME Stella and Rose but the aqua, yellow and spring green are exactly what I needed so why fight it? ;)
When I started thinking about the color combo my mind went to sunny spring days spent getting the garden all in order. So I thought about which TGF image would work best in that scene and I finally settled on Cheeky Howdy. She definitely looks like a girl who isn't afraid to get a bit of dirt under her fingernails, LOL! Because I didn't want to add any red to the design I decided to wipe away the cherries in her hair with a baby wipe, and while I was at it I also wiped away her winking eye and used my light box to trace one of Cheeky Shooter's open eyes onto her face. Finally I stamped up some garden pots and tools from an older Oriental Trading clear acrylic Garden Gnome stamp set to complete the scene I was going for. Doesn't she look like she's saying 'Oops!' after knocking over the flower pot? :)

Well, that's it from me. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see ya back here tomorrow!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Stella and Rose)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Howdy), Oriental Trading (Garden Gnome set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Martha Stewart border punch and butterfly punch
Kaiser Craft pearl
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, B000, B00, E15
hair- E31, E35, E37, E57, E79
clothes- B93, B95, B97, 0, YG03, YG25, YG95, E44, E47,E49, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y000
garden pots/tools- E95, E97, E99, E55, E57, E59, C0, C1, C3

27 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Cool card! Love the scene you made!!

martina's kaartjes said...

what a pretty card ! love it !
greetings, martina
x

Unknown said...

O this is so beautiful, fantastic colouring Amy xx

Tasha said...

OMG this is too cute, loving the garden tools they are really fab, great layout too
love tasha xx

Chelsea said...

Wow. This little scene on your card is so cute and fabulous!

Tammy said...

Great card....great coloring...great image...I think it is adorable.
smiles...Tammy

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous... oh, so cute! What an adorable little scene you've created, Jo x

Robin said...

You are always great at creating a scene and changing up those cute cheeky girls!! Love it!
Robin

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is so adorable. Cheeky does look like she oops... I just love these little pots of yours. I remember your card you made for your Mom last year. Love them. Wish I could find some like it, but I always forget to look for something similar when I have the chance. lol...Hope you are having a great weekend. Hugs, Lisa
PS... Hobby Lobby is sheer heaven. Has so much paper and pads (not too many 6x6 though. :O(...) You have to check it out.

~* steph :) *~ said...

super adorable! love how you've altered the image. those pots are too cute. wonderful scene, amy! thanks for sharing and hope you have a lovely day! *hugs* steph :)

RiNNE said...

Wowwee!! Awesome job on the challenge! I especially love how you alter...amazing results!! The scene with the flower pots in the garden is truly unique! Loooove it, Amy!!

Marley said...

Gorgeous card! Awesome coloring on the image. xMarley

Shazza said...

loving this card x

Melissa S said...

Too cute Amy! I also wanted to say thanks! Your card made my day a little brighter.

Melissa

kris said...

OMGoodness!!! that is gorgeously fabulous!!! she is so perfect in a garden scene!! Love it! hugs!

Leanne said...

How you do it each and everytime is mind boggling and soooo cool! The scene you created is perfect. I can really see Cheeky saying that.. Fabulous card Amy!!! TFS!

SannaS said...

FABULOUS!!! Gorgeous card!! =)
Hugs, SannaS

Scrapping Julie said...

this card is adorable... btw i received my winnings yesterday and am so excited to play with them! thanks Amy!!

Regan said...

This is adorable, Amy! She's so sweet in her short-shorts! I also received my goodies yesterday and was ecstatic! Your card is even more gorgeous in real life! I can't wait to play with my prize! Thanks again! You are very generous! :)

Larisa said...

Very amazing card! Great girl))) nice colouring)))

Shirley N said...

I LOVE this scene you've created Amy, wonderful paper choices and your image is so adorable. Love this!!!

Emma said...

This is Fabulous Amy! I love how you have altered her eye and taken away the cherries! It looks Awesome! Such a perfect little scene, I just love it!

ChickieChirps said...

Lovely card Amy! I love the way you alter the stamps to suit you!

Arabella

Sudha said...

Lovely creation Amy n the pretty scene u have created on it.

Jenny V. said...

Hi Amy! This is so adorable. Love the scene.

Alice said...

love love the scene you created. adorable card!

Zarah said...

Oh cry. I missed the winners posts!
Seriously annoying. :(

I'm so sorry to have caused you a fuss! :(

LOVE the card as always!!