Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Break Creeper style

Welcome to the weekend everybody!

I've got another day off and I plan on enjoying every minute of it... hope the same can be said for all of you too. :)

Sooooo... as soon as I got the new Creeper Crew set I totally fell in love with little Noah and his awesome dreadlocks. The only problem was, that it made me want a little dreadhead Creeper girlie really, really bad! This of course, had me playing around with the idea of altering Noah into a girl but I just hadn't found the time to give it a go.
Not until I saw this week's Farm Fresh Friday challenge over at TGF that is! The theme is 'Spring Break' and the idea of creating a Jamaican vacation with Noah and his new gal pal was too much to resist. So I inked up Noah, wiped away his face and body, then stamped up Creeper Sasha (minus her boots) onto a separate piece of cardstock. I used my light box to trace Creeper Friday's face onto my new girl and I also used it to trace Noah's flip flip feet below the dress and connected the lines to finish off the rest of her legs. Tuts on this technique can be found here and here... Once all the tracing was done I simply colored her up, cut out both the head and body then glued the two together. Now Noah can walk the sandy beaches with his special gal. Awwwww.... :)
As happy as I am with how she turned out, I would still love, love, love to see an official deadlocked Creeper girl sometime in the future (fingers and toes crossed!) Oh and did you see the tiny pearls that I added to the ends of her hair? That little detail totally makes me smile! LOL

Alrighty, happy Saturday stamparistas!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Sassafras (Sweet Marmalade)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Creeper Noah, Creeper Sasha and Creeper Friday), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Prima flowers
Paper Trey Ink twine
Kaiser Craft pearls
button
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Copic black multiliner pens
Copic markers:
skin (Noah)- E31, E34, E37, R22
hair- W5, W7, W9
clothes- B32, B24, B37, YG03, YG25, YG17, R05, R08, E18C7, C9, Y13, Y18
skin (girl)- E30, E21, E33, R00, R20
hiar- E44, E47, E49
clothes- Y13, Y15, Y18, R05, R08, E18, Y38, YR09, YR18, YG03, YG25, YG17, E40, E41, 0

26 comments:

RiNNE said...

Buwahahahaha!!! I looooove it!! Is there anything you can't do? Lovely dreadlocked couple-- the female version of Noah is so fantastic! And the beads are clever!! I adore how bright the card is too -- really made me grin!!!

chrilvian said...

hoi amy
great colouring
love it
i have my creeperset and hope to make a card soon

Zarah said...

I wish I was anywhere close to as amazing as you are. Seriously. The colouring, the design and balance of your cards, the sheer beauty... I am blown away every time. You SO rock!

Unknown said...

Aaahh another wow :) Love the colours on this... did I ever tell you I love your style .. gorgeous xxx

Stephanie J said...

Oooo, little 'Noelle' is gorgeous!!!! Love how you added the pearls to the ends of her dreads!

Chelsea said...

I love love lovehow you colored these girls.

♥Rach♥ said...

It was already official, but you are the Altering Queen! Love the cute little set of Creepers you made, what a fun and summery card :0)

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Lol! What a fun couple! You really should design more stamps for TGF.

Larisa said...

Amy, they are so cute))) Great idea to make two different colourings in one!

Mette said...

Totally awesome Dude!!! hehe.
Super kool card Amy and love your alterings and fab layout. Yup, the Creepers are calling my name too and who can resist those cuties.
Hugs, Mette

ChickieChirps said...

Love it! In fact I like your new girlie dreaded versino better than Noah!

Arabella

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I love your Creepers. I am so with you on the need for a female Noah. I think your girl is fab! I really really love the beads in her hair too. I was reading your post and Madison said "Mom, I think you and Amy made the same cards." You will laugh next week when you see the card she is talking about. I was in the mood yesterday to color up Noah as well and now he is all ready to go. However my poor guy doesn't have a sweetie to be with though. lol...Have a great day off. So far we have sunshine even though they say we are suppose to have thunderstorms. Hugs, Lisa

Mimi said...

She looks totally amazing, Amy! You are definitely the Queen of Altering! Love the beads in her hair and the dress with flip flops! Fabulous card! ;)

Suzi McKenzie said...

Awesome Altering as always, you really are Amazing Amy, gorgeous creation again. Thanks for sharing with us:)
Suzi
xxx

Saskia said...

Great card, so cool!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh hahahahah how cute is this card. Love the dreads. You have done an amazing job with these cuties as always.
mwah
Trace

Loz said...

:D oh I love her Amy!! great idea.. love the DP too ♥

Melissa S said...

Too cute Amy!! I still have another week until spring break here. I so need a break from 1st grade math, its a killer. LOL

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... I totally love this, Amy! So sweet and sunny, what a happy card! I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Hugs!!

Tara Godfrey said...

OMGosh Amy this is just insanely gorgeous! I am just blown away with your altering of the image...you are a creative genus! I love this card to bits....soooooo sweet that they have each other!!!! LOVE it!
Hugs,t

Leanne said...

This is FABULOUS!! I love it! Your powers of alteration always blow my mind. This is really terrific and so much fun. You would never guess that there was no Dreadlock girl for Noah. hahaha.. Fantastik scene Amy! TFS! Hugs,

Tasha said...

This is so awesome, love your altering, they look fabulous together
love tasha xx

Juls said...

fab!!! Love how you have used all the strips of paper!!! Hugs juls

donna mikasa said...

Amazing altering as always, Amy! (How's that for alliteration??) Love your Rasta cuties!

MicheyMoo said...

The beads in her dreadies are the first thing I saw!! Such awesome altering Amy!! They look like they are totally ready to party at Spring Break (that is what you folks do, right??)!! xx

chrilvian said...

woehoee i used my stamps on a paperbag