Monday, March 21, 2011

Meet Frieda!

Hey there everybody!

I've got a fun post and card to help spread the news of a fantastic new venture that my bloggin' buddy Lisa Hjulberg is embarking on today! :)

Lisa has started her own online shop, The Craft's Meow, and we are celebrating the grand opening by sharing cards that use images from her new Frieda and Friends stamp line! Lisa has named this little sweetie after her mother and you will find Frieda in three different clear acrylic stamps. There is one scene stamp and two image and sentiment sets. For my card I used Little Frieda's Daisy and one of the three sentiments included with her.
That great hat Frieda is wearing totally had me thinking of Easter... the kiddos all dressed up in their Sunday best, waiting to hunt for eggs... so I just had to go with some fun spring colors on this one. Then I wanted to play off of the daisy she is plucking by giving her a whole garden of colorful daisies to be strolling through. :)
And while it is not an official hop, be sure to check out the complete list of all Lisa's friends that are part of the celebration today over at The Craft's Meow store blog!

Now stamps aren't the only thing you will find at The Craft's Meow, Lisa has stamping cardstock and she has also put together some fabulous crafting kits! And one of the kits includes a wee stamp image and greeting from Claire Brennan of Waltzingmouse Stamps. So don't forget to take a look-see at all the fun goodies found in the store!

BIG HUGS Lisa... here's to much success with The Craft's Meow and many more adventures of Little Frieda! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Minds Eye (Fine and Dandy)
stamps- The Craft's Meow (Frieda's Daisy)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
prima flowers
buttons
Maya Road heart stick pin
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Kaiser Craft gems
Little Yellow Bicycle doily
crinkled ribbon (from Kiara)
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E37, E59, E49
clothes- E30, E31, YR21, YR23, YR24, YG21, YG13, YG03, R12, R14, R17, C5, C7, C9, E40, E41, 0, Y17, Y000, YG17

32 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Cute! I absolutely love the layout of your card!

Nancy Thomas said...

What a cute image - it definitely reminds me of Easter. You always got a new pastel colored dress. Beautiful card.

Juls said...

Hi Amy,

I have been having a good nosey round your blog to catch up on all that I have missed while I have been away.... I really do love your style, such a fabulous collection of cards!!

Loving this one, so bright and cheerful! the flowers are just fabulous!!!

Hugs Juls

Robin said...

Really pretty colours Amy... love the half doily too!!

Lau W said...

Oh great news !
Love this card, so fresh !
xxx

Unknown said...

Such a darling card! Love the colors you used :)

Julia Aston said...

Such a pretty spring card with this adorable Frieda! love the doily and bunch of flowers!

Tasha said...

Frieda is fabulous and she looks super in her garden of bright coloured flowers, beautiful card Amy
love tasha xx

shelly said...

too cute:)

Mette said...

As always a great card Amy from colours to papers and decor. Sweet stamps and I wish your friend all the best.

Hugs, Mette

Auntie Em said...

Cute, cute, cute! Your colour choices are so fresh and spring like.
Love the card design.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Sudha said...

Wow, pretty. Love the flowers n the image too.

Renkata said...

ohh wow Amy you have given Frieda live.
Such a cutie.

Unknown said...

Very Eastery looking, like the layout and the flowers.

RiNNE said...

How darling! Love the doily and ribbon! Good for Lisa! Super cute stamp!! I must work on getting my dream of designing my own line too :).

Jacilynn said...

love your flower bundle and love the colors! super pretty card

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image. Hugs,moni

Mimi said...

Hi Amy, what a sweet card! Love the colorful spring flowers and Little Frieda is so cute! Fun papers and layout! Have a great day! ;)

Hlora said...

It is cute! LOve the round lacy paper here))) Nice image!

Melissa S said...

I love all the flowers. Its like a little garden on a card. :)

Stamping Cafe said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! Look at all the flowers, buttons, and the doily, super yummy card! Love it!!

Unknown said...

This is jsut too sweet! Love all those flowers!

Julie said...

Gorgeous - such a sweet image and your colours are fabbie!! Juliex

Alice said...

sweetness! LOVE how you colored Frieda! love your beautiful card!

Shirley N said...

Ohhh, I'm just loving your Spring colors and your sweet image! I just love how you scatter your flowers and gems Amy, this layout is beautiful!!!

Grace said...

Oh this is so cute! GREAT coloring and love the doily!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh Amy - this is totally gorgeous - LOVE your summery layout!
xXx

Becky said...

How sweet with all those wonderful flowers.

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so cute, Amy! Little Freida is just adorable and I love the floral and doily touches!

gobeagirl said...

This little lady is so cute. She reminds me of when we were little and my Mom would sew matching dresses for Easter for my Sister and I and herself. lol...So sweet. Very cute card with all the happy flowers. Hugs Lisa

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Amy, you are and always will be one of my most favorite artists! I want to be you when I grow up!!!

Little Frieda could not look more pretty!!! I love hats. I love flowers, too. Thank you thank you thank you a million times for your support and good wishes! It means the world to me!!!

Hugs!
Lisa

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a sweet card, amy :). love the little girl and the flowers and buttons. thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)