Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just one of the lads...

Howdy folks!

It has been absolutely beautiful here the past couple of days... sun shining, birds chirping and I've got little Crocus flowers starting to bloom and the Daffodils are poking up through the dirt too. After such a long winter it finally feels like the little springtime fairies have settled in and are getting down to business. ;)
I guess that means I should do my part and get out there, cleaning out the flower beds and getting the pots all ready for planting too. I'm sure that my two little furry friends will be lovin' it too. Speaking of my crazy critters... do cats usually roll around in the grass like a dog? Oreo is such a crazy cat that most days he's been coming into the house covered in more grass and dirt than Dukie! Gotta love 'em. :)

Alrighty, time for today's card... it is Tickled Pink challenge time yet again and this week it is all about the lads. Yep, we want to see you create a masculine card for the special guys in your life. I did another 'big head' this week because I wanted to use the film strip frame as a big part of the decoration on the card. Cool dude Stefan was looking fun to me and I ended up raiding my stash for any and all beachy/surfing goodies that I could find. Considering that I'm not anywhere near an ocean or the whole surfing scene, I was kind of shocked at how many embellies I had that would work. It's times like this that I feel completely justified in having a 'well stocked' crafty room... LOL!

So, if you've grabbed up some of these Lads or even the Foxes, then why not play along for a shot at this week's fab prize? Or if you haven't gotten them yet, they can be found in the Tickled Pink store. Once you have your card done you'll want to link it up at the TP challenge blog too. Have fun! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
digi stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Lad Stefan)
stamp- Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Creative Imaginations negative strip transparency
Heidi Swapp decorative tape
My Mind's Eye surfboard die cut
Making Memories paper flower and felt leaf
Tim Holtz mini paper clip
jute cord
EK Success gold pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, 0
eyes- BG72, BG75, BG78
clothes- YR15, YR14, YR18, E44, E47, E49, 100, YG95, YG25, B93, B95, B97, B99, Y38, R05, E19, E40, E41, 0

15 comments:

chrilvian said...

ooo he is great
love it

cowboydutrem said...

Wow he is cool! Love the surf board...

Melissa S said...

Fantastic card. I love the surfboard.

gobeagirl said...

Dude! I totally Love your card! lol.... Seriously Amy, I love this card. He is so cute (cool) looking. I forgot how much I enjoy blowing these stamps up to color their faces. Hmmm! I feel a shopping spree coming on ove at the TPB. Anyway, Lucy stays inside. She feels the outdoors are beneath her. However, she loves to play with her catnip toy that our friend made her and then she will roll around on the carpent afterwards. I just love animals, they show up how to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. We had a great beautiful day yesterday as well. OMG, I love spring and all the sounds and feel of it. Have a great day my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Kerry said...

Yay for spring, super awesome card, the surfboard and the flower is totally cool!!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic, love the colour combo, so fun and colourful xxx

RiNNE said...

What a fun mix of embellishments!! They're perfect for each other and the stamp. Even the twine is saying KowaBanga to me!! ;)

Juls said...

wow this is just fantabulous!!! Loving everything about it! Hugs Juls

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is super duper adorable, Amy! You always have the perfect papers and embellishments for your card, LOVE it!! Hugs!

Renkata said...

ohhh very cool card Amy.

Leanne said...

Dood!! This is waaaayyyyy coooolll, and that's coming from a So Cal gal.. hahaha.. Love this card Amy!! Surfs up! Cool use of the film strip frame. Love that paper... Glad you are enjoying the weather. YAY!! TFS!

Tasha said...

This is awesome Amy, love the board and the cute flower. This dude is so cool
love tasha xx

Cassie_lu said...

totally rad card and color choices. I really liking how you only used a close-up of the image too.

Chelsea said...

I love this lad!!

Sudha said...

Wow, really cool.