Sunday, March 20, 2011

How are you?

Hello, hello!

Are you getting lots of stuff done this weekend? My day is looking even busier than yesterday was. It's not a bad thing but it is certainly keeping me on my toes! :)

So when I sat down to create last night I was in the mood to really play with my stamps and do a bit of altering. Since it felt like it had been a while since I'd inked up any Sprouts, that was the first place that I looked for inspiration. I came across Jade, from the big Roll Call set, first and I loved her cute hair so out on the table she went. I flipped a couple more pages into the stamp binder and saw Ruby... awww, perfect! I knew that by combining the two I could give Jade the softer look that I was going for.
First I wiped away Jade's eyes with a baby wipe before stamping, leaving the area nice and blank so that I could then use my light box to trace Ruby's eyes on. I did leave Jade's original eyebrows and once I was done I LOVED how quizzical and concerned she was looking which totally led me to the sentiment that I used! I also ended up altering Ruby's body a bit by drawing in little shoes and wiping away the long sleeves on her dress to give her more of a springtime look.
Then I just colored both parts up, cut her out and pieced her together. I was playing with a new color combo for her hair and was going for a 'strawberry blond' look. I'm not 100% in love with the results yet but I'll keep working on it... practice, practice, practice, right? ;)

My paper choice was an easy one as I still had the scraps from Friday's PI card hanging around and once again they were too cute to pass up. And I also wanted to use these little felt roses that I had just made using the MFT mini rolled roses die. I have Nancy to thank for being a total enabler on these, LOL! She has been making the coolest rose accents for her cards and I simply couldn't resist any longer! :)
The problem now is... I think I need some new colors of felt for my stash! LOL!

Alrighty, time for me to bid you adieu... hugs! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Sassafras (Sweetly Smitten)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Jade and WS Ruby), American Crafts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
crochet lace
ribbon
My Favorite Things mini rolled roses die
felt
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, Y21, YR21, YR16, YR23, YR24
clothes- E40, E41, 0, C5,C7,C9, BG11, BG13, BG15, RV23, RV25, RV14, Y13, Y15, Y17, YG05, YG03, YG25

19 comments:

Маги said...

This card is lovely! Colors are pretty.

Tasha said...

Ahhh Jade looks awesome altered, her plaits are perfect for spring! Love this DP, so cute
love tasha xx

Robin said...

She looks super sweet!!
Robin

Dotty Jo said...

Great 'combining' there Amy! Jo x

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. She is so cute! I just love how she turned out. I think her hair turned out great as well. She looks like she is ready to play in the warm Spring air all day long. I love, love your roses. I haven't been able to get any of the MFT felt yet, but I am going to some day. I really think your card turned out perfect! Love the eyes as well. Happy 1st day of Spring! Hugs, Lisa

Mette said...

Gorgeous Amy. Love the DP and colours. Will have to try the mixing of heads and bodies soon - gives a lot more posibilities.

Hugs, Mette

Renkata said...

Hi Amy, such a sweet and pinky card.

Nancy Thomas said...

What a beautiful card - I love the sweet colors and the altered image is perfect. Glad I could enable you on the rolled roses!

Lau W said...

Oh so nice card ! Love the lace and sweet colors !
xxx

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... what a beautiful card, Amy! I'm so inspired every time I visit your blog, I really adore your work!! The mini rolled roses die is a must have for me, thanks for the enabling girl! :) Hope you are having a wonderful coloring Sunday, hugs!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, how whimsy and sweet! I love her look and lil pigtails! Very pretty :)
Enjoy your Sunday!
hugs, margie

Chelsea said...

Love the pastels and the details

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your altered image! she's so cute. love the sweet colors and your rolled flowers. also love that trim. thanks for sharing and have a lovely Sunday! *hugs* steph :)

Tracey Feeger said...

What a gorgeous little card Amy. Always love the colours you use on your creations. Love how you have swapped the bodies and heads around a little. Fabulous.
mwah
Trace

Shirley N said...

You're the altering Queen, Amy--she's so cute! Love all your pretty pastel colors, flowers and butterflies!

Melissa S said...

Beautiful card Amy. I love the lace and roses!!

RiNNE said...

Wow golly gosh gosh, Amy!!! This is just a magnificent alteration! What a stellar card! I adore her and her eyes/ eyebrows! And that paper and those roses are just wonderful!!

ChickieChirps said...

This is gorgeous Amy! I love the altering you have done and your papers are fab!

Arabella

Alice said...

awww.... she is so sweet! love the altering and the yummy paper you used! adorable card!