Monday, March 14, 2011

Hey there sweetness

Monday, Monday... so we 'sprung' forward here yesterday by setting the clocks an hour ahead but as of yet it still doesn't feel much like spring has arrived. That doesn't mean I've let that stop me from doing a bit of spring cleaning in my crafty room though. ;)

So you won't be surprised to hear that I've made another card using nothing but scraps from my desk top. This time I came across a nice little pile of Sweet Nectar papers that I had used for some cards back in January... oy! I think that if I hadn't used Cheeky Howdy already yesterday, I would have put her to work with this great cherry print but since I didn't want to repeat stamps so quickly I flipped to the Creepers for some inspiration. Sasha, from the new Creeper set, with her baby doll dress and kickin' boots seemed like a really good match. I don't know why but I think that of any fruit, cherries have a sweet sassiness about them that Sasha just embodies. :)

It's a fun, 'just because I want to use up my scraps' kind of card but I think she turned out pretty cute!
Ok, I should go get ready for work now... take it easy!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- K&Co (Sweet Nectar)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Creeper Sasha)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sticko epoxy cherry stickers
Making Memories alpha rub ons
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, B000, B00, YG03
clothes- E07, E09, E19, E18
clothes- Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, R24, R27, R29, E18, RV10, RV11, RV63, RV55, YG03, YG25, YG17

19 comments:

Tasha said...

Amy this is fab she looks so sassy and i love her red boots! Fab use of colours, love this design
love tasha xx

Larisa said...

Amy, very nice bright card)) The hair in red always touch my heart))) It looks fantastic)

Maria Therese said...

coooool!!

martina's kaartjes said...

this is a very colourfull, pretty, shiny card !
greetings, martina
x

Nancy Thomas said...

You did a fab job of using some scraps up on this fun card. Love her red hair.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I think Sasha certainly bring some sweet and sassy to this card. I just love her hair. It truly puts her personality to work. Great card. I am still trying to get into the fact that it should be earlier than the clocks says. lol..Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

♥Rach♥ said...

Just love her, she's so sassy! GREAT color scheme too, very bright and pretty :0)

Saskia said...

Great card, so 'cool'!!

Jacilynn said...

love the colors. super cute Amy!

Joy said...

total sweetness! love how your card came out! so great that you could use your scraps! wish I could do that. hope you have a good week!

Jenny V. said...

Awesome card Amy! She look so cool and sassy. Also love the DP you use.

Lau W said...

So pretty, beautiful card, love you style !
xxx

Leanne said...

Fun and sassy that's what this card says to me. Great choice of stamps Amy and love those scraps!! You are the scrap queen! hehe

Julie said...

Fab card - love your colouring, especially her hair!! Juliexx

Marley said...

Beautiful! love the flowers and the beautiful design paper.. I love how you colored her hair! hugs Marley

RiNNE said...

Aaaaackkk!! I dislike daylight savings time...especially in Spring when we "lose" an hour! :)

Very cute card! Those papers are adorable! Yippee for using scraps!

Alice said...

yummy card, Amy!! love the fun pps you used and those flowers are perfect! love it!

Hlora said...

Great card!!!

1LuvnMama said...

Fun cheery colors! Luv the yellows and reds . . . Hope all is well with you Amy.