Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good thoughts

Hola! Can you believe we are already almost through March? So far it looks like the old adage about March coming in like a lion and out like a lamb has held true yet again because yesterday was absolutely beautiful here. The sun was shining and the sky was clear and blue... I'm pretty sure that influenced the color scheme that I used on this card. ;) I inked up one of the new Pixies by Christy Croll because not only is she super cute but she has these great polka dots on her dress that I thought would mimic the ladybugs on the card perfectly. I also couldn't resist coloring up more of that fun curly hair, LOL! You may also notice that I used another doily. This was a trend that I resisted for quite a while because I just didn't need any more embellies... but then my local crafty store got some in and I totally caved. Now I can't get enough of them! Sigh... what can I say? When it comes to crafty goodies I am too weak to resist! Alrighty, tomorrow I'll be shining the spotlight on a fabulous new Sweet November Guest Gal which also means that April sneak peeks are soon to follow! So I hope to see y'all back here in 24! :) Supply list: cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It paper- My Mind's Eye (blue) stamps- Stamping Bella (The Pixies set), Hero Arts (sentiment) ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown October Afternoon Cherry Hill journaling cards Prima flower ribbon button Sticko epoxy ladybug stickers Little Yellow Bicycle leaf stick pin and doily Copic Spica glitter pen Copic markers: skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20 hair- C5, C7, C9, 100 clothes- R24, R27, R29, E18, YG00, YG01, YG03, C7, C9, 100, BG000, 0

25 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh so cute! Super fun design Amy, love the fab mix of colours
love tasha xx

Beverly said...

Amy, love the little girl (Fairy)...she is so adorable. Thanks for sharing with us.

Melissa S said...

Super cute! I love the color blue of that paper!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is super cute! I love her hair. Great black and great curly. She really is adorable. We had sunshine yesterday, but today so far I can hear the rain. Oh well, it's still Spring in the basin...You just have to smile. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Robin said...

Love the way you layered the doily with the newprint and what a cute stamp! I am also too weak to resist all the new craft bits that come out... sigh... as long as we enjoy them I suppose!
Robin

Tanya said...

Love everything about this! Really cute :)

Jeanette M. said...

Cute card. I like the stamp and the ladybug. :)

Mette said...

Super card Amy. Your little pixie is a doll and love the layout and embellish used.
Looking forward to the preview.

Hugs, Mette

Renkata said...

Very precious card dear Amy.

Jacilynn said...

oh, i love those pixies. super cute card as always!

*Alison* said...

this is so adorable.. I love that image and the colors.. HUGS

kris said...

Fabulous card Amy!!! the colors are bursting with smiles! =D

Joy said...

what a lovely card! I love the layout and all the embellies! cute image too! I better go check out tiddly inks! have a good day!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Adorable image and card! Great job as always.

Lynne said...

So cute, love the dress and matching ladybug, lol, tfs

Leanne said...

o man, another cutie i have on my wish list. loving the curly haired images u've been coloring and the doily is a brilliant touch. love the colors on this card. hope ur having a great day!! :)

donna mikasa said...

Super cute, Amy! No one does curly hair like you--love the little Pixies!

Danni said...

You can't resist embellies and I have a hard time resisting images...like this cutie..I keep resisting them but not sure for how much longer!!Simply an adorable card!

1LuvnMama said...

She's definitely a cutie for sure! Luv the curly q's . . . talk about being a sucker for buying craft stuff, I thought you were talking about me! hee, hee!
Can't wait to see who your SNS Guest Gal is!

Alice said...

sweetness! love love the pretty design. beautiful card, Amy!

RiNNE said...

Super adorable! Love her dress and her hair! Can't wait to see the new SN stamps and girl!!

Chelsea said...

Love this layout and the vibrant blue background!

Craftdee said...

I've decided after reading this post, and the other comments, that this is what I love the most about cardmaking in blogland: we're all like-minded with our hoarding and must-having!! This is a really cute card, I think I've got some ladybirds, somewhere, and (now) I simply must have that image and some doilies, ...and I know it's alright 'coz you guys caved before me! TFS, Dee

~* steph :) *~ said...

super sweet, amy! love the sentiment and the sweet little image. cute ladybug. thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is super duper sweet, Amy! Love the whole design, you colors always so happy and bright!! Love how you colored her curly hair, Donna is right... no one color curly hair better than you do! Hugs!!