Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gettin' sketchy at ATS

Hello and good morning!

Once again we've got a brand new Wednesday challenge over at ATS and this week it is a sketch created by Rachel! I gotta say... this one was very much within my comfort zone so my resulting card came together super quick! Hopefully there are no moans and groans when you see that I've used more of my Stella and Rose scraps... yes I'm back to that, LOL! There is no help for me I tell ya. Well maybe the cure for a paper rut is getting new papers... hmmmm... I like the sound of that! ;)
So, I went with Sweetheart Birgitta for my main image because I really liked the way that she was sitting and thought she would look nice seated along the bottom of that center panel. And look at that, she sure does! LOL
I actually kept the embellishing to a minimum with just the single flower and a bit of faux stitching to pull it all together. Another sweet and simple card that I am totally loving how it came together.

So if you would like to get sketchy with us don't forget that every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Later gators!Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Stella and Rose)
stamps- CC Designs (Swiss Pixie Sweetheart Birgitta), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
CC Designs dogwood flower
Prima fabric leaves
Paper Trey Ink twine
October Afternoon die cut
Creative Cafe rub on stitches
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E07, E09, E19, E18
clothes- E44, E47, E49, R30, R32, R22, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG25, B04, B05, Y35, Y26, E40, E41, 0, BG11, BG13, R35, R37

20 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow, pretty creation Amy. I love the image too.

RiNNE said...

Super cute, Amy! I don't think you'll ever hear a groan from us when you create a card, no matter which supplies you use! Your cards are always gorgeous! I just love Brigitta's hair -- I must get those Copics in my collection :).

Zarah said...

So adorable!! You're talented beyond words.

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card! Love how you colored her hair and pretty papers too!

cowboydutrem said...

Beautiful card, love this layout!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, she looks simply adorable on your Stella & Rose paper. I love how your card turned out. Too sweet! lol...I have to laugh as I am in a rut with my dp as well, so yesterday I purchased some of the blue from MME Stella&Rose. Of course I just had to grab two new Zodiac's from your new stamps. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

kadie said...

Absolutely adorable! Love it!

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty and sweet - your coloring is always perfection. I know what you mean with the MME pads-apparently they are going to have to pried out of my cold dead hands before I stop using them.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is a lovely card. TFS.

Tasha said...

Oh this is so cute Amy, love the colour work and your take on Rach's fab sketch. Im finding it really hard to use these papers, but you are totally rocking them
love tasha xx

Lau W said...

Oh ! so so cute card, love your colouring !
xxx

Highland Monkey's said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the stripey carpet she's sitting on!

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful card, amy! i love those papers :)!!! you just showcased them so well. love how you've colored up birgitta, her socks are too cute :). thanks for sharing and i wish you a lovely week! *hugs* steph :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE your card Amy! Love how you colored her up and designed with these papers! I haven't had mine very long, so I hope everyone isn't tired of them! There is so much in the pads! lol
Pam Going Postal

Leanne said...

Love it Amy!!

Joy said...

love this card! cute layout and love brigitta! you always make things seem so easy! have a great hump day!

Larisa said...

Amy, she is so pretty))) Love the background papers) The one with numbers is really great on this project))))

Juls said...

such a sweet card! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Stamping Cafe said...

Such a cute image and adorable card, Amy! Love the background papers!!

AtStudioD said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
I must learn (this year) how to use a sewing machine for cards.

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us.

x0, Damaris