Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Coppin' an attitude

Olo!

So I had some happy mail arrive the other day in the form of an always exciting TGF order and I couldn't wait to get these new stamps inky! I was lucky enough to snag one of the new Creeper Collection sets so I had to decide which one of the new kiddos would make it onto a card first.

If you would have asked me a week ago which one it would be I think I would have said Harlow. But surprise, surprise this crazy, cranky little Jill was really speaking to me last night. Probably because I've had a couple days here recently that I felt a lot like how Jill looks. I may not have been able to take a nap at the time but I did have to take a few deep breaths and 'get over it'. Thankfully it worked and I managed not to bite anyone's head off, LOL!

I paired Jill with some more of that fab MME Stella and Rose paper. I thought they suited her style of dress and I really liked the red zig-zaggy pattern because it seemed to amplify her sense of agitation. Though I did add the ribbon and rose to soften the look a bit too because I didn't want this going too, REE-REE-REE (imagine the music from the Psycho shower scene playing here...) ;)

I gotta say, making this card was kinda therapeutic because I am feeling much, much better now. Yeah for Creepers! heeheehee :)

Well, that's it from me today... have a great one!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Stella and Rose)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Creeper Jill), Inkadinkado (kids quote sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
American Crafts ribbon rose
ribbon
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E33, E35, E37
clothes- YR30, YR31, Y26, R14, R17, E07, BG01, BG07, BG05, E40, E41, 0, W5, W7, W9

28 comments:

Melissa S said...

Fantastic card! I often feel like this myself. I love the ribbon rose!

gobeagirl said...

LOL... I am sorry, I really shouldn't laugh but you just have such a way of making see and feel what you are writing. I know exactly how you feel. The bad think for me when I get that way is that I get Pi**ed as I know I am in a bad mood and I hate being in a bad mood. :O) I love this card and she so speaks to me. You have made my day. Thanks so much. Hugs, Lisa

Jen Shults said...

This is just adorable! I love that sentiment to go with that image. Your coloring is just fantastic and I really really love that flower. Gorgeous work!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is so true the power of the nap, priceless and so is your card!

Stephanie J said...

Um, Sir, it's "Hello"...
(MegaMind was cute, wasn't it?!)

LOVE this card - the sentiment is too funny.... And it's definitely not Psycho-esque! (Not enough red... LOL!)

Tress said...

Sorry you've had a rough time of it lately, but your card is perfect! Might have to use this one as inspiration, lol. Sending hugs your way!

Leanne said...

Woo Hoo! Isn't it the best when a little therapeutic crafting can change your mind frame? Happy that Jill was able to do that for ya. And I'm feelin' the same just by lookin' at ur card. :) Love it Amy!! Have a wonderful day!! Hugs

Nancy Thomas said...

Adorable - love all the MME - I've been creating up a storm with it too. I used that same pattern for a sentiment just yesterday. Love that stuff and you've showcased it and the stamp in a fun way today.

Mette said...

Super card Amy but boy, she does not look happy. Love your papers and elements, the colours are fab too.

Hugs, Mette

Jacilynn said...

i love these sentiments. super cute card Amy! love the papers
x

Mimi said...

Amy, you are so funny! love reading your stories behind each card...really makes it come to life! the sentiment is just so perfect for Jill! Fabulous card!! ;)

♥Rach♥ said...

Harlow is HANDS DOWN still my fave but gosh you sure made her cute! I love the sentiment, I have that one too and she's just perfect for it :0)

RiNNE said...

Fab card! I'm sorry yesterday was bad for you, glad you're feeling better! I like the colors you used-- that red PP is perfect and you are absolutely right! The beautiful flower and blue touches balanced it out ;).

Hlora said...

It is so beautiful) Love these sentiments.

Maria Therese said...

Awesome card! And you just have the best sentiments!!!

Joy said...

so cute! love what you did with this one! she's thinking just that! love it! have a wonderful day!

Shirley N said...

Love this Amy! Great pairing of your stinking cute image and sentiment!

1LuvnMama said...

Hard to believe that Ms. Amy can look like Jill . . . lol! :) I suppose we all have those days, just that I probably look like that everyday! HA, HA! Cute card and I can't wait to ink mine up! Just got it today! Woohoo!

MicheyMoo said...

Hey Amy!! It's been a while....thank you for your lovely comments.
What a cute, cute card!! I'm so in love with these new MME papers and I love how well you've dressed Jill to coordinate with them. :)
I love those Inkadinkadoo sentiments too - you inspired me to buy my first couple of sets of these last year - though sadly they are still waiting to get inky. :(
Hope you are feeling less blah-blah and more la-la today. xx

~* steph :) *~ said...

love it, amy! hehe, sometimes i make my eyebrows like that too ;p'. love the sentiment and the mix of papers and colors. thanks for sharing and have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

hehe....love the sentiment! Totalcuteness here! Love your card, Amy! Hope you are having a great week so far!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is just too cute! Love her disposition and that perfect sentiment! The torn papers are a nice touch as is the ribbon rose. Such a fun card!

Lau W said...

Oh such a nice card, papers are splendid, it's fun !
xxx

Emily said...

I love this card and the saying..well it's priceless!!!!

chrilvian said...

i order the kit 1 march for my birthday.....and i got the kit today
but my birthday is 23 march....boehooeee
its a present from my sons........but i buy it,hihihihihi

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh boy... gorgeous card, Amy! Too cute, I love her expression... totally crack me up! Perfect sentiment for her too!! Hugs!!

Alice said...

so fun and the colors are yummy! love the sentiment, too! too cute!

Tasha said...

WOW so gorgeous, love the mix of prints and colours and the beautiful rose
love tasha xx