Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cool beans!

Hola stamparistas!

Welcome to a new Tickled Pink challenge and I promise that it is a good one... it really made me stretch! This week we want to see you embellish your card with items "off of the craft desk" that means to use things not necessarily made to go on a card.
Since I knew I was going to steer clear of my usual go-to embellies like; flowers, ribbon, pearls and gems I decided pretty quickly to make a guy card with one of the new Lil Lads. I went with Eric because I think he is a total cutie and I thought he had the right look for the idea that came to me. I wanted all of my embellishments to look like random bits that Eric pulled out of his pockets and tossed on his desk at the end of the day so I used things like wire, bottle caps, paper clips and an old clothing label tag. Because most of these are on the largish size as far as embellies go I also decided to use the digi version of Eric so that I could blow him up nice and big as well. Plus 'big heads' are just so much fun to color! ;)

If you would like to play along this week for a chance at the awesome prize then don't forget that your card must feature a Tickled Pink stamp. These include Lil Lolitas, Lil Lads, Cherries and Pink Pets which can all be found in the Tickled Pink store. Once you have your card done you'll want to link it up at the TP challenge blog too!

Take it easy my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (teal), Scenic Route (grid)
digi stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Lad Eric)
stamp- Close to my Heart (coffee ring)
ink- Nick Bantock charcoal grey, Colorbox dark brown
KI Memories rub on sentiment
brads
bottle caps
wire
staples
paper clips
clothing label
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
eyes- B34, B37, B39, BG000
clothes- Y38, YR04, YR18, E55, E57, E59, BG07, BG09, BG18, E40, E41, 0, C5, C7, C9,
shadow- W00, W1, W3, W5

23 comments:

Tasha said...

Awesome card Amy, fab colour choices and the bottle tops are great fun
love tasha xx

RiNNE said...

I really love the way you colored his hair!! His hair reminds me of my son's. And those bottle caps are genius!!!

Helene said...

I love your card. I found it always difficult to make a card for a boy, but this one is really great!!!

JK said...

Oh my goodness, is that a Mossimo tag??? I'm like having school flashbacks.

Love the card, Amy! The different elements are super cool and its a great boy card color scheme.

Lau W said...

Oh great idea ! Bottles caps !
Superb card Amy !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

What a great idea - love that you've included the stuff you might find in a boy's pocket (you need a rock though, lol). Love his hair color too.

Mimi said...

Totally cool! Amy, this is so creative. Love his pocket stuff! and the colors are perfect! ;)

SannaS said...

this is so cool!! awesome card!! =)
Hugs, SannaS

Maria Therese said...

Soooooooooooo cool!!

Leanne said...

How FUN!! I think he's a cutie too. Love his glasses!!!! Great colors and I just love how you make your cards look so fun!! Great card Amy! Hugs!

Cassie_lu said...

what a fun and bright boy's card. love how you used the top half of that super geeky and cuttie boy.

gobeagirl said...

HI Amy. This is so cute. I just love this for a boy card. Your colors are just perfect. I also love the use of the bottle caps and the paper clips. What a great idea. I also love the way that you have colored him up. His hair is wonderful. Hope you are having a sunny great day. Hugs, Lisa

Chelsea said...

Love all of the details that you put into this card!

Amy said...

Hi Amy - Amy V here. I have to say I am a total Gleek too! I loved Tuesdays episode! The original songs were awesome! I was so touched by Kurt and Blackbird. I was so happy for him and Blaine. It is about time Blaine gets wise too how awesome Kurt is. Anytime you want to chat Glee (or any other show for that matter) feel free to e-mail me. My blog is amyvlovestv.blogspot.com. Well, that really says it all right? Anyway, I love to read your Glee reviews. I have to go finish re-watching the episode so see ya for now! I can't wait till Glee returns. Thanks for sharing a common obsession! P.S. I love your cards - you are uber-talented!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Awesome card Amy. I love this image and your coloring as always. I love your choice of embellishments. I am always looking at older items/jewelery/clothing to see if there is anything I can re-purpose for crafting. LOL

Stamping Cafe said...

Eric is total cutie all right, Amy! Love love love your awesome cool card, and I'm speechless about your amazing coloring... WOW!! You ROCK!

donna mikasa said...

Such a fab card, Amy! Love the bottle cap "ephemera"! A great masculine card and I love the "big heads", too!

Sudha said...

awesome card n love the sentiment too.

Larisa said...

wow! It is for first time when I love the boy's card! it is amazing amy!))) Great paper! Nice embelishments!

~* steph :) *~ said...

awesome card, amy! i love the embellishments you have used! so cool to use bottle caps and a clothing label and paper clip. love your coloring and the papers. thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

This is definitely a fabulous card!

Angie said...

COOL BEANS! That is a term we use in my house DAILY! My 3 year old Angel Baby constantly says "cool, cool, COOL BEANS!!!" LOL! I love the boyish-ness of your card. That DP is fantastic and your use of embellishments looks amazing! The way you put all the different elements of a card together is truly inspiring.

Alice said...

so super cool! love all the fab embellishments. they are just perfect! love love this!