Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A birthday girl card...

Hey there!

So my fellow Gleeks... what did you think of Regionals last night? I thought the amount of music was insanely awesome and while the original songs sung at the competition were fantastic, it was Kurt's Blackbird solo that was a true highlight for me. Love, love, loved everything about this episode and you know I'll be waiting anxiously for Glee's return in a few weeks. :)

Ok, well it's Wednesday once again and you all know that means it is time for a new challenge over at ATS. This week we want to see you create a birthday card. Seriously, who can't use an extra birthday card or two in their card stash? And the incentive of winning a fab prize just seems like an added bonus if you ask me! ;)

I used another 'big head' Zodiac Girl for my card today, but instead of coloring her up as 'Pisces' I just colored her as a fun tweeny/teeny birthday girl. I didn't even have to do any altering this week to achieve the look. Instead I simply put a couple of pearls over the fish in her hair and now she is just wearing some fun hair bobbers... easy peasy! The rest of the card is pretty simple because I didn't want to fuss too much with this perfectly party-ish looking paper, though I couldn't resist tying on some pretty twine to hint at the presents and of course some bling! :)

Now it is your turn to get in the party mood and join the fun! Every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (Fine and Dandy)
stamps- Sweet November (Pisces Zodiac Girl), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
My Mind's Eye lush gems
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R21, R22, R24, BG000
hair- E50, E51, E53, 0
eyes- BG02, BG09, BG18, 100
shirt- YG00, YG01, YG03

19 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!!! Your card is beautiful. Any girl would LOVE to open this up and see your Awesome creation!!!
hugs, heidi brawely

Sudha said...

Wow, its so pretty n cheerful.

♥Rach♥ said...

Love that background paper, it's so FUN! Your coloring on her eyes and face looks so great and her hair too. Awesome bday card :)

RiNNE said...

So fantastically colored! Love the twines!!!

I heart Glee! History in the making- that kiss and original songs?? Wow!

cowboydutrem said...

Great card, love love love that paper!

gobeagirl said...

Happy day after Glee. Black bird is Jerry's favorite Beatles album. Mind you he loves everything Beatles....lol...As you will see on my blog I too loved the show last night. It really was the fastest hour. You card is just adorable. Love this paper. I also just love how you have colored Piscec. Her hair rocks. Have a great day. I am watching Glee again on Hulu.com tomorrow moring when I have more time. lol...Hugs, Lisa

Lau W said...

Oh your card is superb, love it ! Half pearls in the hairs is a great idea !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

She's gorgeus! Love her combined with some of my favorite paper.

Tasha said...

Oh super cool card Amy, love this image, heads are so cool (i think so), great paper too, perfect birthday card
love tasha xx

Mimi said...

What a fun card Amy! Love the pretty paper and colors too! Thanks for all the inspiration you give! I got your package the other day, and just loved your card (and my kiddos too!) I can't wait to ink her up in different ways too! Have a great day! ;)

kris said...

Wonderful creation Amy!! loving the the colors and image too!! Super fun with the twine!!! Hugs!

Joy said...

cute card! love the colors! love your geisha anya below as well! fabulous and so oriental! lol! I don't think I have it in me to show my first card as I suck at coloring! love your hair though! awesome! have a lovely day!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is so beautiful, Amy! Love your design and coloring as always, and that 3 different colors baker's twines ROCK!! Hope you are enjoying your week so far, hugs!

Leanne said...

Pretty Amy. The focal point is that gorgeous image. Love it!!!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

super fun card, amy! love your image and how you've colored her up! love the different colors of baker's twine and the fun party paper! thanks for sharing and have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)

1LuvnMama said...

That's me, Pisces! Wish I looked that good! :) Luv how you color the hair on all the zodiac beauties! Tutorial? hee, hee!

donna mikasa said...

Wow--your card showcases how versatile the zodiac girls are! Such a cool one-of-a-kind card!

Alice said...

so pretty! love her gorgeous blue eyes! beautiful card!